Nargles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News
HEY GUESTS! Why can't you register? Because on August first PDT, we're changing up the site! If you want to get on the site, please email narglesRPG@gmail.com and we'll happily direct you to the new link!

HEY EXISTING MEMBERS! Don't leave us, check your email for the most recent newsletter! It's crucial! Also, why the crappy skin? So we can display this message, of course!

Harry Potter

2 posters

Go down

Harry Potter Empty Harry Potter

Post  Harry Potter Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:26 am

Out of Character: (OOC)
What can we call you: Shh... It’s a secret
Roleplay experience: Lawts
Is this your first character here? I. Do. Not. Think. So.
How did you find out about Nargles? Me

In character: (IC)

Full Name: Harry James Potter
Year: going into 1st
Blood Status: Halfblood
Heritage: British
Current Country/City: England

Personality: Harry is a nice, friendly kid, with an aunt and uncle that neglect him, and a cousin who constantly uses him as a personal punching bag. Never the less, Harry remains a good-spirited person, who cares a lot about others. He hasn’t really had the chance to interact with many children his age, given the fact that Dudley didn’t like him, and at school, if Dudley didn’t like you, no one did, for fear of being punched to oblivion. His parents died when he was 1, leaving him with almost no memory of them. Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon tell him they died in a car crash, yet lately Harry has been troubled at night with dreams of the night his parents died. Dreams filled with flashes of green light and his mother’s screaming. He’s a bit socially awkward, seeing as he’s had very little interaction with anyone beside his aunt, uncle and cousin, and Harry was totally oblivious to the Wizarding World before Hagrid visited, only recently.

Appearance: Harry has shaggy, jet-black hair that is impossible to tame, and bright green, almond shaped eyes. He has thin-rimmed, round black glasses that are usually taped on the bridge of the nose due to Dudley punching him. He’s thin, and slightly short, always called ‘scrawny’ by Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and Dudley. The only visually distinguishable feature is a thin scar on his forehead, shaped like a lighting bolt.

History: Harry was born on July 31st, 1980, to James and Lily Potter. He lived for his first year of life in Godric’s Hollow, with his family, under the Fidelius Charm, but one night, he and his parents were downstairs, and a strange man came into the house. This man was Lord Voldemort, yet this fact was not known to him at the time, since he was only 1. This man scared his parents, and Lily ran upstairs with him, while his father stayed behind in a futile attempt to hold Voldemort off. Once James was dead, Voldemort went upstairs. Lily attempted to protect him, but Voldemort killed her too. Then, he pointed his wand at the tiny little black-haired baby, and attempted, but failed to kill him. Voldemort was reduced to nothing, less than nothing, in fact. But he wasn’t quite gone yet. Harry was then brought to the Dursleys, where he lived for the rest of his life. Time at the Dursleys was unpleasant, to say the least. His uncle and aunt treated him like he was something to be ashamed of, and Dudley seemed to regard Harry as some sort of punching bag. Once he started primary school, he didn’t really make friends, since anyone who was friends with Harry was most likely to be beat up by Dudley, and so he spent most of his life as a lonely, little boy, although he never became bitter.

Hobbies: Avoiding Dudley, wandering around, stealing food from the fridge when the Dursleys aren’t home
Dislikes: Dudley, Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, having nightmares
Four adjectives to describe them: Honest, Friendly, Awkward, Small
Pets: Hedwig, a recently acquired snowy owl
Siblings: None

Example Post: (No less than 50 words, 3rd person ONLY!)
Harry wandered around staring wide-eyed at all the shops in Diagon Alley. If you had told him a few weeks ago there was such a thing as magic, he would’ve told you that you were mad, but now, now he saw for himself the wonders of the Wizarding World, and everything that came along with it. He saw so many people out on the street, some older, some younger, and some who didn’t look, well, human.

Canon Knowledge:
How much do you know about this character?
Erm... I’ve read all the books like five million times, I’ve read his wiki on harrypotter.wikia.com, I am totally obsessed with Harry Potter. So yeah, I’d say I know him pretty well.

Why do you want to play him/her?
Because he’s an awesome character! And because he’s a main character, and he’s famous, so everyone is going to want to RP with him, so he can be active, and anyway, Nargles needs a Harry Potter, so I thought: Why not?

What do you think would make you a good player for him/her?
Because I have extensive knowledge of him, and I was supposed to pick a canon character anyway, so I thought I might use this opportunity to play my first canon character.

Have you played a canon before? If so, where?
Nope...
Harry Potter
Harry Potter

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter Empty Re: Harry Potter

Post  Emily Vincent Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:32 am

Welcome to the Wizarding World, Harry! Next year you'll be going to Hogwarts as a...

GRYFFINDOR!

We're glad to have your new character! Don't forget to review the rules and guidelines and whatnot. Yeah. Accepted!
Emily Vincent
Emily Vincent

http://alohabaybee768.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down