Nargles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News
HEY GUESTS! Why can't you register? Because on August first PDT, we're changing up the site! If you want to get on the site, please email narglesRPG@gmail.com and we'll happily direct you to the new link!

HEY EXISTING MEMBERS! Don't leave us, check your email for the most recent newsletter! It's crucial! Also, why the crappy skin? So we can display this message, of course!

An interesting day(open)

4 posters

Go down

An interesting day(open) Empty An interesting day(open)

Post  Severus Snape Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:39 am

Spoiler:
Severus Snape was in his normal black robes. One would say he looked like a man who hated everyone and everything around him while he had a snarly look upon his facial features. He was a potions master. One who had to choose his supplies before school started on September first. So he decided to go into Diagon Alley and get his potions. He hoped he would get into Knockturn Alley later for the darker potions ingredients.

Exiting his home in Spinner's end, he had decided to use floo powder to go to Diagon Alley for the day, instead of apparition. He wiped himself off with a disdain look of disgust and nodded to people who said hello with a look of displeasure apparent on his face. Luckily enough for him he hadn't seen many children around so he walked into the potions shop without children interrupting his day. It was nearly five o'clock and it was summer. Children would be out later.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Back to top Go down

An interesting day(open) Empty Re: An interesting day(open)

Post  Astoria Greengrass Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:53 am

Spoiler:

Daddy has let her go, by herself!

Astoria was pumped, not only was she allowed, for the first time ever, to go out by herself, but her daddy, sweet daddy had let her get an ice cream to! And to buy a summer read! It was a beautiful combination, and Astoria smiled against the summer heat which belted down against her fair head. She grinned happily to herself.

The ten year old, regardless her childish vocabulary towards her father, looked around, licking a strawberry ice cream topped with sprinkles, the blond child stared intense at everyone, her mind racing from the fact that she was here, alone. In sandals and the horrible white dress her mum had placed on her, she was glad it wasn’t frilly, but more sleek, sort of like a sundress, her fair hair in its usual frizzy state and tied into a bun complete with a little flower hair-tie. She looked like she was eight, rather than but that didn’t seem to bother Astoria, in fact, she found her clothing more airy and free compared to the usual smocks she’d have to wear in front of her mother’s tea-party guests.

It was a little while ahead, that the child saw a dark figure, nodding randomly in directions, looking and appearing rather discreet in what seemed to be the best summers day ever, or in young Astoria’s eyes anyway. She was feeling daring, and the old potions shop was just the thing.
Upon entering, she looked at her surroundings. Beetle eyes, unicorn horns, centaur hooves, Astoria grimaced. They were all animal parts, yuck. She wasn’t ushered out of the store due to her ice cream, and she licked it sub-consciously. Noticing a sullen cloaked figure, she bounded up to him, happy as a clam. Today, she was a whole different person.

“Excuse me sir, but you should smile more, it’s SUMMER!” Grinned Tori. “I’ve got chocolate if you want some, but I’m afraid it’s sort of melted.” The girl asked kindly, her voice squeaky and naïve to the man. She wandered if he knew her father, who was connected well with people.[rand][/rand]
Astoria Greengrass
Astoria Greengrass

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:07 am

"Girl!" I rather load and grumpy voice yelled from the front room. Suri had been working at Mr Hobson's Potions Store for a year now. Though she hated the many hours she slaved herself around the shop dusting with no wand because the man preferred the store cleaned the Muggle way which was a load of crock to Suri because she could always here the man complaining about about Muggles and there ways and even he wasn't a Muggleborn like Suri herself. But Suri needed the money if she was going to continue Hogwarts.

Hearing the man yell Suri sighed lightly before she left the rag on the table she had been wiping down before she went to the voice, "Yes sir?" she asked politely even though he didn't deserve her politeness.

"I want you to restock the shelves before you leave." he told her while he shrugged on his brown cloak, "I'm off home. Make sure you close up when your finished, don't want anything stolen now do we?" he sneered looking Suri up and down suspiciously before he turned on his heel and left out the back door towards the empty alleyway.

Suri shook her head then swore loudly, "Blasted man, he knows I have to be home before dark." She didn't have to be home for her own safety, she just had to be home to cook her father dinner before he arrived back from either the muggle pub or his 'whores' house.

Entering the front of the shop Suri began sorting the shelves, placing the ones where people had put them back to where they belonged. She sorted them by there Latin meanings, it was the best way to remember.

After about half an hour Suri was up on ladder that went all around the room. She was on her tip toes reaching for a certain potions that had no name printed on the front. She heard the bell ring behind her as the door opened and someone entered the shop, "Ill be with you in a minute." she told the person not turning around but still reaching for the potion. She heard another voice speak but didn't think anything of it, it seemed like the man had a daughter as she hadn't heard the words.

Back to top Go down

Post  Severus Snape Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:25 am

Severus turned to the sound of the child behind him and said sneering, "and why should I smile?" She was just another little annoying child as far as he was concerned. That was until he realized who she was. He was close with her father. "Miss Greengrass I suggest you take your ice cream else where so you don't drip," he added coldly.

After what seemed an eternity he heard the woman up front say she'd be with him in a moment. So he looked her up and down self concisely while he thought of the potions he needed to ask her about. He walked towards the woman and asked, "do you sell Dragon's blood here Madame?" He didn't know she was a student helping out. But he was shopping for school supplies.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Vincent Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:52 am

Emily, on the other hand, had never worked a day in her life. She didn't need to! Never once had she even considered needing to, her family secure as it was. Emily did, however, have to study potions over the summer, due to her parents being so strict about grades. So what if she got "Acceptable" one time? That aside, she needed supplies.

Who better to see than her potions professor himself, standing just a bit away? "Hello Professor, here to stock up on supplies for next year?" Emily asked him. She was, after all, one of his favorite students... it wasn't like he'd be mean to her outside school, right?

How insane could a girl get? Severus Snape not be mean? However he was her head-of-house, and he was okay to her. "Who are you?" Em asked the girl nearby "Do you go to Hogwarts yet?" she didn't look like she could be anything more than a second year,yes, she certainly was not older than that. Hopefully if she did go, she wasn't a Hufflepuff....
Emily Vincent
Emily Vincent

http://alohabaybee768.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Astoria Greengrass Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:56 am

Alarmed, Astoria glanced at the hook-nosed man. Ew, his hair was greasy. Although, Astoria couldn’t criticize much, her hair was as frizzy as it was greasy compared to the man. “Sir, how do you know me? I hope you’re not a pedophile.” She glanced around. “My sister told me what it meant, pedophile’s aren’t nice, are they.” Giggling slightly, she glanced momentarily at her ice cream. She nibbled the waffle thoughtfully. “My ice creams gone now, it’s only the waffle cone I have to eat. I doubt it would drip.” Tori said, matter-of-factly.

Looking back to the helper, she grinned brightly. The lady was pretty and she was young, so maybe they’d be friends? It couldn’t be much of a gap but then again, Astoria wanted to be friends with many, it was just maybe, that no one wanted to be friends with her.

At the mention of dragons blood, Astoria turned to the man horrified. “Sir, not to be rude, but that’s a bit mean. Imagine the poor dragons.” Sorrowfully, she pouted at him. Poor dragons, Indeedly do. Sighing, her bottom lip trembled at the thought of dragons dead and she bit on her waffle cone. It was yummy and it momentarily took Astoria’s mind off things.

“it’s late, but daddy let me go around town, and he said even Knockturn, if I was very careful.” She said proudly, emphasizing ‘very.’

Another female voice broke Astoria’s thoughts and she turned around. “Oh hello! No, I don’t go until next year, but I’d like to! My sister Daffy is going there, and she says she KNOWS it’s really cool!” grinning shyly, she beamed at the girl.
Astoria Greengrass
Astoria Greengrass

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:53 am

Finally able to grab the potion, she dropped the potion into the pocket of her white apron then turned around to see no other than Professor Severus Snape. Suri gasped out loud before her foot slipped which caused her to nearly fall off the ladder. Holding onto the ladder with a death grip Suri coughed awkwardly, "Pr-Prrofessor Snape?" she squeaked wide eyed. This was the man she had been dreaming of for over a year. This was the man that made her weak at the knees just by talking. "Oh yes right over here." Suri climbed down the rest of the ladder before she passed the small girl with a smile before she turned her back to them.

'I didn't no Professor Snape had a daugther?' she thought as she made her way over to the shelf next to the door leading to the back room. Grabbing the vile with the rich red blood in it Suri turned around to smile nervously at the man before another customer arrived.

A fourth year she guessed maybe third but she was a Slytherin anyway. She could tell by the way the blonde head had taken to Snape. To be honest it made Suri a tad jealous to see the girl so close to him. The ex Slytherin would never look at Suri as anything but a ignorant Gryffindor.

Trying her hardest not to scowl at the older girl Suri instead turned to give Snape the vile, that is before the girl asked him if he was a pedophile. Immediatly Suri dropped the vile. Suri was already on her knees as soon as the glass shattered, "Ohh noo." she mumbled picking up the pieces of glass. "Hes gana kill me." She added reaching for a medium sized piece of glass before she pulled back and gasped. Blood dripped from her finger. Not dragons blood her own. Warm, human blood. It trickled down her finger like a red water fall. "Blast." she swore getting up to wrap her finger her apron. while this all occured Suri had completely forgotten about her hunky Professor, the blonde head girl and the small girl who she knew now wasn't Snapes daughter.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post  Severus Snape Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:31 am

Right than the door opened behind him and he turned to look at the person who spoke. He knew her. Very well in fact. She was one of his best students and in his house. "Aah yes hello Miss Vincent. And yes I am," he replied with a cold drawling voice. Much like the one which he used every day. His lip curled almost as if he was going to smile before he turned back towards the shop keeper.

His eyes than drifted back down towards the younger girl and with a sneer he replied. "Surely you don't know what a pedophile is after all and I know your name because I know your parents. I'm also going to be your sisters Potions Professor this year." At the sound of her voice about dragon's blood he smirked and said in a cold, drawling voice, "well I only take from dragon's who aren't alive, but they are to be used in potions Miss Greengrass."

Turning his head he scowled seeing the woman turn around and be one of his students. A Gryffindor if he was correct and one he couldn't remember the name of at the moment. Walking towards her he lifted his wand and said, "reparo," fixing and cleaning the bottle. He than noticed her bleed and said, "give me your hand so I can check that out before it gets to bad." His voice didn't sound sincere. It was more like talking to a child and giving them a simple and easy task.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Vincent Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:43 am

Spoiler:

Emily giggled at the pedophila comment, it wasn't every day a kid had so much guts to call Professor Snape a pedo. "No, he's not a pedophile, sweetie, he's a professor. There's quite the difference," she said. "It is," she laughed "Especially if you're a Slytherin. Then it's no longer cool, it's better than cool! But, not to be house-biased or anything, it's probably still cool if you're not a Slytherin. I have a feeling it sucks being a Huffie, but that's just me."

"Greengrass, is it? If your parents are the same Greengrasses I know, than I know your family. Daphne's your sister, right? Yes, I've met her. Nice girl," Em said. And by nice, she ment high-ranking in the pureblood society, so technically, they were most likely related. "I'm Emily Vincent, by the way, but you can call me Em."

When she turned around, Emily noticed the girl with the cut finger, and grimaced. "You should let him see that, you know. It could get infected. Do you want me to go get a bottle, or...?" This was the one person in the shop nearby that Em did not know, even in the slightest. Probably wasn't so famous around school, or anything. Not that she cared so much, but still.
Emily Vincent
Emily Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Astoria Greengrass Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:38 pm

Astoria blinked at him, bemused and lacking in any emotion in her eyes. Remaining neutral, she tilted her head. “Aren’t pedo’s people who like to stalk young kids? And you know my name right? So you must be a paedophile! But that’s ok, your secrets safe.” Nodding wisely, she nibbled on her cone. It was sticky and somewhat soggy but she didn’t mind, crisp waffle cones were as good as gold. Better than gold, it was like… the world turning into a gum-ball.

“I don’t think I want to take potions.” Astoria muttered, oblivious to the man’s occupation. “It’s too sad, dealing with dead animals. Especially dragons. I love dragons. Or any animal really. Dragons are beautiful! I heard they have an academy for dragon-training in Romania!” the girl bubbled, motioning the way a dragon flies with her arms vigorously.

Calming down, she watched the shop assistant. The lady was definitely clumsy and flustered and she glanced at the other man. Because of him maybe? It was the same look her mummy gave to her daddy and she glanced at the ‘Miss Vincent’ knowingly, her head nodding and a smirk plastered on her face.

“My sisters Daffy! Yeah, but she’s a bit younger than you. I wouldn’t know that you’d know her. And she’s only nice, when she’s happy. She’s mean to me sometimes. But she’s really pretty and talented.” Astoria nodded. ‘Unlike me.’ She thought. “It’s nice to meet you, Em.” Glancing at the other lady who was cut, she shrugged. Ah well, maybe she’d get an introduction later. “And you look a bit too young to be a professor.” Astoria remarked. “Aren’t professors always over sixty and mighty- old?” Giggling, she remembered Sir Palmer who was her tutor since she was six.
Astoria Greengrass
Astoria Greengrass

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:01 am

Suri watched as the bits of glasses remade themselves into the exact same vile. The blood too had been lifted from a floor and pured itself into the clear vile. Her blue eye looked up at the man before she shook her head, “Ah-hh ill be fine Sir, only a scratch.” she muttered avoiding his gaze. Her face had gone pale from the amount of blood that she had lost and her finger was still bleeding furiously.

Standing up slowly Suri grabbed the vile and cringed, “Hes going to kill me.” she whispered looking at the vile. Everyone who knew something about Potions should know that once the ingredient had come in contact with something other than the cauldron it was pretty much useless.

Sighing loudly, she left the front of the store to tip the dragon blood down the sink and placed the vile on the bench to be disposed of. Not many people knew but Suri hardly ever took her wand with her. Though at work she wasn't even aloud to bring her wand into the shop. Mr Hobson wanted her to do everything the 'muggle' way.

Before she returned to the front room she grabbed a rag and wrapped it around her finger. She would fix it when she got home. She didn't need anyones help. She had survived just fine without anyones assistance.

Entering the front room, Suri returned to the shelf she had previously got the first vile of dragons blood and grabbed another one. Placing it on the counter Suri looked up at her Professor and smiled, “Thats 12 galleons Sir.”

Back to top Go down

Post  Severus Snape Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Spoiler:

Severus had an amused cold hard look upon his face as he listened to each child in turn. They were or would all be his students come September first. Well all, but Greengrass. "You're right about a pedophile, but because I know your name doesn't mean I am one. Though your parents must have taught you not to talk to strangers I'm sure Miss Greengrass," he said in his serious tone. The same one he'd used with Suri Bishop the Gryffindor.

He didn't listen as Miss Greengrass talked about her love for animals, but as Miss Bishop picked everything up and walked into the backroom his eyes followed her while making it look as if he was looking around the potions shop. "Normally a Professor is just as young as I am, but most look older because of stress Miss Greengrass," he responded coolly. He'd come to this potions shop purposefully. He knew the shop owner well enough.

His eyes glanced at the back room as Miss Bishop stepped out and into the front room. As she came back towards them he noticed her hand was bandaged. Than he stepped towards the counter and took out his galleons. "Thank you Miss Bishop," he said politely to the shop assistant. He handed her twelve galleons and waited for her to wrap up the dragon's blood vial.
Severus Snape
Severus Snape

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Vincent Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:22 pm

So it was the same Greengrasses. Amanda probably knew the girl and her sister more than Emily, as she was the same age as Daphne. "When I get home, I'll ask my sister Amanda whether or not she knows you. She probably does, I think she's been over to your house before. Like I said, I'll ask," she said calmly. "Nice to meet you too, Astoria."

As Emily completed that sentence, she turned, and walked off to the shelves where she could get ingredients and whatnot. "No, no. That won't work.... Here we go- asphodel, aconite, bubotuber pus...," and so on. Everything she needed to make up her grade to her parents.

Her arms full of 20 different ingredients, Emily walked back to the counter and set them down. "I'd like to buy the lot, if you don't mind," she said to the girl there, and noticed the nametag said 'Suri.' "How much will that be?" she asked. Not like it mattered. Emily knew she'd have enough.
Emily Vincent
Emily Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  A Goblin Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:47 pm

Woah! Someone just made a purchase!

That'll be 12 Galleons, Professor Severus Snape. Time to go to Gringotts and get your money, Miss Suri Bishop!

A Goblin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down