Nargles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News
HEY GUESTS! Why can't you register? Because on August first PDT, we're changing up the site! If you want to get on the site, please email narglesRPG@gmail.com and we'll happily direct you to the new link!

HEY EXISTING MEMBERS! Don't leave us, check your email for the most recent newsletter! It's crucial! Also, why the crappy skin? So we can display this message, of course!

Galen Eaton

3 posters

Go down

Galen Eaton Empty Galen Eaton

Post  Galen Eaton Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:01 am

OOC:
I forgot to copy paste this, so I'm just winging it. I'm Tyler, you can call me Tai. I have roleplay experience, I love to write, I want to do it when I grow old and lack the ability to love. This IS my first character on here, and Ashley told me about it, she plays Klaus and stuffz.

In Character: (IC)
Full Name: Galen Eaton

Blood Status: Half-Blood

Profession: School Nurse (Drumstrang)

Experience:Worked at St.Mungo's for several years.

Heratige:Mother was a Muggle from America, Father a full blooded wizard from Germany.

Location:Berlin, Germany, when it's summer. Drumstrang during school term.

Appearance: Pale complexion, bright blue eyes, light brown hair. (Face claim, Zach Efron). Usually wears clothes, when not working, that cover his entire body, long sleeved shirts and jeans. Though his hands are heavily callused from major wand work, and quite large, he still manages great percision. His chin has a large pale line running down to where his adamps apple is, a scar from a Transferring curse that he had to remove from a patient and got a large cut where the scar is now. He is rather short, around 5'7, and isn't quite filled out, lacking muscle tone as he spends most days cooped up studying or healing people. Though he doesn't work directly in the field often, he has recieved various cuts and scars from jinxes and hexs that have backfired when he tried to cure them of other people, and he hides them, seeing them as failures in his line of work. Due to late nights, his blue eyes are usually adorned with bloodshot veins, and if it's not lack of sleep, he tends to have blood vessels pop in his eyes from the intense strain put on him, giving them a dingy yellowish hue at times.

Personality: Galen is the type of guy who makes friends with everyone, and is such a great and unhating person that everyone feels naturally compelled to like him. Unless of course, their personalities clash, which is something he can't avoid. He is always eager to please and make others happy, even at the risk of sacraficing his own happiness. He talks easily, sometimes to the point where he rambles, but can become soft spoken when he is embarassed or ashamed of an action he took. He usually thinks out his actions carefully so as to not harm himself or others, and absouletley hates people who take risks without thinking. He was very maternal, kind, and compassionte, and doesn't flare easily. If he does get angry though, it is only when his ideals are challenged. He has a very strong sense of justice and despises people who tries to bend past laws and rules. They are there for a reason.

History:His father moved from Berlin to work at an American magical institute as it's healer, but unfourtanatly for him, finding a job there was not something he had been looking for, but rather forced into. He fled from Berlin as he was involved with an organization of Dark Wizards, using his extensive knowledge of healng magic to keep them alive. Fed up with his lack of direction in life and having to cater to wizards with less than desirable morals, he fled the country, to America, covering his tracks. While in America, his father met a Muggle under the care of the medical ward at his current place of work, she had witnessed a duel between two very angry witches and got hit with a jinx. After working on her personally himself, he could not bring himself to cast a Memory Charm on her to make her forget, and so he took her into his care, falling in love with her and telling her all the wonders of the Wizarding world. After fourteen years of a splendid and peaceful marriage in America, Galen was born. Galen entered an American Wizarding school with high hopes, he was able to make friends quickly and recieve very very good marks in every class except Transfiguration and Defense the Dark Arts, which were a bit too stressful for him. Nobody hated him, and everyone loved him, but Galen stayed away from romance and relationships, as his career was the only thing on his mind. Galens school life, however popular he was, was quite uneventful and he was looking to enter a career at the American Ministry in the Magical Accident Prevention Unit. Unfourtantly, his father fled Berlin for a reason, and when Galen finished his schooling, his mother was hit with a magical ailment that his father could not cure. Depressed at the loss of his mother and his fathers loathesome retirment into Germany, Galen became a Healer and worked in America for a time. Now, wanting to spread Healing magics and keep more people safe, as well as discover how to cure some of the tougher magical maladies, he has moved to Berlin and taken a job as Drumstrang's new Nurse...Murse...whatever a man doctor is called. He continues to pursue cures for unending magical maladies, as well as care for his aging father, who has still not gotten over his inability to save Galen's mother. He is hoping that time in Berlin will not worsen his fathers condition, but cure him of his depression so that he may die in peace. Not only did he choose Drumstrang because of it being in Germany, his father's home country, but it is one of the most prestigious magical schools in history, and has a history of breeding wizards with less than favorable moral choices. He is hoping that he can somehow influence the students and keep them safe from dangerous magics that might otherwise end their life during schooling, seeing as Drumstrang, again, has a reputation for breeding Wizards with a nasty streak and violent tendancies.

Hobbies: Studying, Reading, Being Outdoors, Cooking, Cleaning, Parties, Helping others.

Likes:Compassionate people, anything to do with the outdoors and nature, anything that furthers society, Muggle or Wizard, careful people, water.

Dislikes: Reckless people, out of control things, anything to do with Dark Magic or the harm of others or people that can't defend themselves, being disliked or called annoying.

Pets:None, but he loves dogs and fish. His apartment doesn't allow pets, and he is too busy with study to make time for fish care.

Siblings:None.

Example Post: Galen watched slowly as his snow white wand, made of petrified ash wood, sunk into the small boys flesh. He hated the older boys at this school, always cursing and baiting the younger ones into duels they could never win and doing things that gave him a hard time at nights, healing and mending bones, removing boils, extracting poisons that caused the toes to turn into small canaries and sing "Beautiful Dreamer" every half an hour, and even more. This time, it was a curse that caused the boys arm to curl up into a withered mess. The wand sunk deeper into the boys flesh, and Galen could feel it humming as it did it's work. The core, a very rare crystalized drop of Unicorn's blood, had natural curative proprties, as it was given willingly. It was a wand made for healing. He watched as a deep purple light surrounded the boys arm as he removed his wand from the flesh, as if giving a shot. The arm slowly uncurled and the boy let out a small yelp as his arm regained color. Galen sighed and was glad the boy was asleep, because it was going to be a long time before all the arms in his bone regrew. It was bad enough removing him, he thought, looking over at the tray that contained the boys crumpled bones and the shards that had been stuck in his arm, but regrowing was almost ten times worse if you were awake. He shook the bottle of skelegrow and spilled some out, levitating it in a small bubble as he prepared to make it travel down the boys throat carefully.

Last edited by TylerRomine on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:56 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed personality. I edited the apperance a smidge, didn't really want to face claim anyone, but I was kind of egged into doing it. I also lengthened the history a bit.)

Galen Eaton

Back to top Go down

Galen Eaton Empty Re: Galen Eaton

Post  Freya Achtland Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:30 am

Hi Tai!

Lovely app, but just a few things before I sort you:

+ do you think Galen could maybe have a flaw in his appearance? It makes the character more interesting. =)
+ His history seems very intense and a good read, so do you think you could beef it up a bit?

Post a reply saying you'e editted and I'll sort you right away.
Freya Achtland
Freya Achtland

Back to top Go down

Post  Galen Eaton Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Edited, I hope it's better now. D: And could you perhaps fix my username as well? I didn't know they were supposed to be identical to your characters. ^^;

Galen Eaton

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Vincent Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:52 pm

Since it's been over 24 hours, I'll be taking over for Mel here.

First of all, your username will be changed upon acceptance.

And second, sorry to be a nag, but can you please add into his history why he decided to work at Durmstrang, out of any of the other schools? I see you have why he changed places, but why Durmstrang?
Emily Vincent
Emily Vincent

http://alohabaybee768.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Galen Eaton Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:58 pm

I hope thats better. I honestly wasn't sure Galen's personal reasons for going to Drumstrang, other than it being closer to Berlin than an American school or one in England.

Galen Eaton

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Vincent Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:34 am

Thank you for the changes, and your username will be changed to Galen Eaton.

Welcome to the Wizarding World, Galen! You'll be working as...

DURMSTRANG'S NURSE!

Welcome to Nargles! Make sure you read the Forum Rules/Guidelines before getting started!
Emily Vincent
Emily Vincent

http://alohabaybee768.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum